At Babbo, we take your privacy seriously.
- This website is owned and operated by Babbo. All references to ‘our’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ within this policy are deemed to refer to Babbo.
- By using this website, and providing us with information, you consent to its use in line with this policy. Babbo will always handle information in compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998).
Information that we collect when you provide it
At various points throughout the site, we may ask you to provide information so that we can provide services to you. The information is collected and used as follows:
- If you register with us, we collect your name, contact details and information on your company or education institution. This information is used by us to contact you about Babbo’s activities.
- If you choose to receive further information from us, we will keep you informed of current or future Babbo activities.
- If you choose to receive information from third parties, your contact information may be used by carefully selected complimentary organisations to inform you of offers or events.
- When you contact us using the “Contact Us” form on the site, we collect your name, email address and any comments that you provide. This information is used by us to respond to your comments.
Other information that we collect
When you visit the site, we log the IP address of the machine you used to access our site with. The IP address is a unique number that is used on the Internet to identify a unique computer for the purposes of allowing computers to communicate with each other.
Certain features of our site require Cookies in order to function. For more information on the different types of cookies that we use, please refer to our dedicated cookies page.
Babbo takes the security of any information we hold very seriously, and will always implement security measures that are in line with, or exceed current best practices and recommendations.
Where necessary, and in common with other websites, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to ensure that information provided to us is not visible to anybody else when in transit between your computer and our servers. You can tell when SSL is in use by the presence of a small “padlock” symbol in the status bar of your web browser.
In addition, our web servers are housed behind a secure firewall that prevents access to our databases from unauthorised users. All of our servers are housed in a secure environment with high levels of physical security, and access is only permitted to a handful of security screened staff.
Amendments to data
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998), the controller of all information collected on this website is:
39 Albemarle Street
If you wish to view, delete or amend any of the information we hold on you, this can be done by contacting us through the web site, or by writing to us at the address provided above. We will not charge for amending or deleting personal information, but may charge for viewing information held on you as specified in the Data Protection Act (1998).
Children (under 18’s)
We encourage parents and guardians to supervise the use of the Internet by their children, and to educate them about providing personal information both on the Internet and elsewhere.
Where we expect children under the age of 18 to make use of a facility on our website, then we will display a notice stating that parental consent should be given before providing us with any information.
Information provided by those under 18 may be deleted or removed through the website, or by the parent or guardian writing to us at the address given in the section “Amendments to Data”.
Babbo does not and will never pass your information to any third party without your prior authorisation. Where information is collected on our behalf by third parties (such as for the purposes of surveys), we will ensure that they comply with our policy as outlined in this document.
Babbo will only ever contact you with marketing information where you have requested to receive it. If at any time you do not wish to receive such information, then you may ask us to amend our records appropriately (see section on Amendments to Data).
If you require further information or have any questions regarding this policy, then please contact us at:
+44 (0) 208 181 8887